Your understanding and acceptance of this Agreement is a condition required for your use of the Allfalfa site (the “Site”).
Allfalfa provides an online marketplace for education (the “Service”). Privacy and security are top priorities in the design and operation of the Allfalfa Site. This Agreement will inform you of our treatment of your information, and assign liability regarding the use and disclosure of such information.
Additional definitions applicable to this Agreement are at the end of this Agreement.
You authorize Allfalfa to solicit, collect, and disclose, in the manners outlined herein, certain types of information from you.
You authorize Allfalfa to collect, store, and, when duly authorized, disclose to other Users any information that you may provide to Allfalfa. This information may include information about your identity, location, opinions, or other information that you normally consider private.
Allfalfa will make reasonable efforts to seek your authorization when appropriate.
You are ultimately responsible for the Content that you post to the Site or send to other Users. Allfalfa provides commercially reasonable security protocols, but we are not responsible for unauthorized use of your password or user information. We rely on the authorizations provided through your Account to comply with all applicable law. We are relying on your representation that you have control over your Account. It is your responsibility to maintain the security of your password and user information.
Collection of Information.
You may be prompted to provide some or all of the following types of information in order to register, set up Accounts and Profiles, access accounts or features, send Messages to other Users, submit Listings, make and settle Transactions, directly contact us with questions or feedback, or access other features of the Service:
- Personal contact information, such as name, e-mail address and mailing address.
- Usernames, passwords, and security questions.
- Profile information, including User Name(s), your background, and other pertinent information.
- Information for authentication, all of which shall be stored and handled by third parties.
- Listing information, including Class information, possible Transactions and other pertinent information.
- Picture avatars.
- Communications preferences.
- Correspondence you send to us or to another User.
- Credit card information, all of which shall be handled and stored by third parties.
Your Dashboard enables you to track your information and activities.
Use and Disclosure of Information
We generally use the information that we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for Services;
- Send you Messages, about Classes in which you are participating, about Classes that may be of interest to you, or about any other activity on the Site (see “Messaging” below).
- Analyze use of the Service to understand and improve our service offerings, such as determining which features are most popular, which browsers are most used, how much time users spend using the Service;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our General Terms and Conditions.
We may aggregate your information with information about other Users so that it no longer identifies and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual person.
Use And Disclosure In Detail
Subject to any changes in the default settings that you may set in the Boundaries settings on your Parent Dashboard, you hereby agree to the following disclosures of your information.
To all Users:
- Your Profile information.
- Your Listings.
- Your Reviews.
To your Counterparties:
· Any information you may choose to exchange.
Consent For Use or Disclosure Not Required
Instances in which the disclosure or use of your information does not require your consent include:
- Online contact information collected from a you that is used by Allfalfa to respond to a specific request from you;
- For the purpose of preserving the security of the Site or the safety of a User, or resolving a dispute;
- For the purpose of taking precautions against liability, responding to judicial process; or to provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety.
You hereby authorize Allfalfa to collect, store, and analyze your use of the Site and Services for the purpose of sending you Messages about Listings that may be of interest to you.
You hereby authorize Allfalfa to collect, store, and transmit your own Messages, per your instructions.
You shall have the ability to review all of your Account activity at any time through your Dashboard.
We will not use personal information provided by you in third-party advertising, and we will not track such information for that purpose.
You hereby agree that Allfalfa will not be held responsible for any incidental advertising that occurs on account of your use of the Site, and you waive all claims against Allfalfa regarding such incidental advertising.
Retention and Deletion of Information
We will not retain your information for longer than it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was provided. However, in general, due to the possibility of claims arising from Transactions and the use of the Site, we deem it necessary to retain all pertinent information provided by you indefinitely unless we are given express and authorized instructions to delete such information.
Compliance with Childrens’ Online Privacy Protection Act
We prohibit the use of our Services by minors or children. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing or anything else in any other agreement between you and Allfalfa, we reserve the right to take such measures, and to make such revisions to this or any other agreement, as are required to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”), 15 U.S.C. §§ 6501-6506. Any revision to this or any other agreement between you and Allfalfa made for the purpose of compliance with COPPA shall be effective when posted to the Site, without prior notice to you or authorization by you.
“Account” is an account on the Site created and monitored by you.
“Class” means a class, session, demonstration, tour, performance, or similar event, and need not fall within the traditional understanding of a formal “class” in a school or university.
“Content” means information, text, music, sound, photographs, pictures, graphics, video, messages, files, or other materials.
“Counterparty” means a User with whom another User corresponds on an individual basis regarding a Transaction, or any other matter.
“Message” means Content delivered to a User through the Site, from Allfalfa or from another User, or Content sent by a User to Allfalfa or another User.
“Listing” means any offer to consider or enter into a Transaction.
“Parent” means parent or legal guardian.
“Profile” means a page customized by a User and approved by that User, which page may include the User’s User Name, Listings, requests, background, Reviews, interests, and other similar information.
“Purchase” means a monetary transaction under which one User purchases a Class from another User through the Site and in accordance with all applicable Allfalfa terms and agreements.
“Review” is a report about one User by another User.
“Service” means the maintenance of an online marketplace.
“Site” means “Allfalfa.com” and/or its affiliated websites, mobile apps, web apps and other means established by Allfalfa for accessing the Service.
“Transaction” means a Purchase or a refund or modification of a Purchase.
“User” means an individual who has access to the Site.
“User Name” means an alias created for use on the Site.