This four-week online workshop consists of participants discussing reading materials, receiving instruction, and practicing hands-on writing exercises. Participants will be equipped to write their stories and gain resources, while learning the process of self-publishing and distribution.
Week 1 - How to Write a Story
- Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How?
- Constructing the basic elements to tell a story
Week 2 - Structuring and Outlining
- Formatting sentences, paragraphs, phrases, and quotes
- Story Tense (Past, Present, Future)
- Defining "Point of View"
Week 3 - Character and Back-story
- Creating the character(s)
- Detailing events and time-frame(s)
- Capturing your "audience" reader(s)
Week 4 -Putting It All Together
- Compiling thoughts, facts, and details
- Writing your story, goal, vision